Did you know each foot consists of 26 bones, 33 joints and plenty of muscles? Now imagine how all of these elements interact with each other throughout the day. Adding high heels to the mix gives you a pronounced feel of how these intricate movements interact, but not necessarily in a good way. Follow these 6 steps to feel confident in your fashion choices and the well-being of your feet:
- We all have our favorite shoes, but be sure to change them out. Wearing the same shoes on a daily basis allows bacteria and fungus to flourish. A nice side effect with this tip; your shoes will better stay in shape.
- Listen to your body. Pain is a signal your current behavior is a detriment to your health. Sit down and rest on a regular basis. Have a second pair of comfortable shows around you at any time.
- Avoid cracked heels by moisturizing regularly and watch out for misaligned toenails.
- Ask your podiatrist for advice if you suffer from conditions like diabetes.
- Watch out for bunions. Once bunions develop, treatment may be necessary. The earlier you detect warning signs, the better chance you have to avoid them.
- Keep your eyes open for more comfortable versions of your favorite heels. They may look slightly different, but the gains from avoided pain will outweigh the height.
There is nothing wrong with enjoying your high heels, as long as you take care of your feet and react to early warning signs indicating your feet are suffering. Read this article for more information.