The cold season is here to stay, so we would like to share some of our favorite tips on how to stay warm and cozy during the holidays!
Our first recommendation comes from Tammy Norberg. She loves watching a good movie with her husband and their dog Beatrice. Tammy stays warm in front of her electric fireplace with a pair of comfy fuzzy socks.
Warm socks are a great idea, indeed! We recommend avoiding 100% cotton socks, because they capture moisture, especially when wearing them outside with thick boots. This moisture cancels out any insulation effects and may cause Athletes Foot. Wool socks will keep your feet both warm and healthy. Here is a selection of some of the best winter socks:
- 14 Best Wool Socks to Buy in 2020, Prevention
- 8 Best Warm Socks, According to Clothing Experts, Good Housekeeping Institute
- 7 Best & Warmest Winter Socks for Men, Women, and Kids to Wear All Day, Morning Chores
Our next recommendation comes from Dr. Smith. He enjoys a cup of hot cocoa when temperatures drop and likes to cover himself with his favorite Iowa Hawkeye blanket. If possible, he heads to California or Arizona for a week in January to warm up.
Choosing a good blanket is easier than choosing the perfect sock. You may choose between blankets made of flannel, fleece, Sherpa and others because humidity is not a concern. Have a look at the following selection of cozy blankets based on these professional’s recommendations and user reviews:
- 14 Cozy Blankets for Winter That Will Keep Your Bed Warm All Season Long, Woman’s World
- The 10 Best Blankets of 2020, The Spruce
- 9 Best Blankets for Your Home, According to Bedding Experts, Good Housekeeping Institute
Every family has their own special strategies, so talk with your friends and neighbors and exchange ideas. Also do not hesitate to gift a nice blanket or a warm pair of socks.
We wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving weekend!